AI is one of the most exciting innovations in our industry today. It’s been predicted that by 2025, AI will have a greater impact on society than the industrial revolution. The number of developers using AI has increased by 30% in just two years, and it shows no signs of slowing down! With so many new companies being built and old ones undergoing significant structural changes, it’s important to know how to generate good ai prompts.
What Is Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is a branch of computer science that deals with making computers think and react like humans. This is done by giving the computer the ability to develop a computational model that resembles the human brain.
What Is An AI Prompt?
An artificial intelligence (AI) prompt is an automated request to begin a new task by your AI software program. This is different from a chatbot because it is capable of telling complex, self-contained stories rather than having to rely on pre-programmed answers and responses.
Here are 5 ways how you can make good AI prompts.
1. Find Your Inspiration
The first step to creating good AI prompts is to find your inspiration. This can be a difficult process, as it requires you to think outside the box and make connections between seemingly unrelated things.
People are often limited by their own knowledge of what they like or don’t like, so it’s important to open yourself up to new experiences and thoughts. When writing prompts, try looking at what you know about yourself and other people in a different way than usual—what do they love? What do they hate? What makes them happy? Unhappy? There are many ways that this information could be applied when writing prompts for an AI system:
- An AI could use a user’s personal interests to generate more relevant prompts for them. An AI could use a user’s personal interests to generate more relevant prompts for them. For example, if you like reading books about history or traveling, an AI system could recommend prompts related to these topics.
- An AI could use what other people love and hate to create prompts that are more engaging and relatable.
- An AI could use the emotional responses of a user to improve their own emotional intelligence. By understanding what makes people happy or sad, an AI system could learn how to make people feel a certain way when using prompts in the future.
2. Pick A Topic And Narrow It Down
The first step is to pick a topic. This can be anything from a hobby, interest, or passion—anything that interests you and makes you want to write about it. It’s also important that the topic be relatively easy for you to write about; otherwise, this process could take longer than necessary.
The next step is to narrow down your topic. For example, if you chose “gardening” as your topic, then you could narrow it down to a specific type of gardening such as indoor herb gardens or container gardening.
3. Brainstorm Your Topic by Making Lists of Words
Brainstorming is a way to generate ideas. It’s a way of exploring your topic and finding new ways to look at it.
To brainstorm, you’ll want to make lists of words that describe the topic or things related to it. For example, if you have a prompt about artificial intelligence (AI), you could make lists like:
- AI uses technology for human-like functions
- AI can be helpful in our daily lives
You’ll also want to make lists of words that are not related but could possibly be part of an answer later on in the essay or prompt response – this will help you get used to writing without getting stuck in one direction only!
4. Make a Collage of Images That Inspire You
- Go through every magazine, book, and image on the internet that inspires you.
- Make a collage of your favorite images to keep nearby as a reference point when you’re writing prompts.
- If there are other people who inspire you in any way (artists, writers, family members), consider adding pictures of them to your collage as well!
5. Create Your Own Surrealist Game
Create Your Own Surrealist Game to help break mental blocks and find inspiration
Our first step is to create a surrealist game, an exercise I’ve found helpful in breaking mental blocks and finding inspiration.
Surrealist games are simple activities designed to make you think differently about your work. While they may seem random or even silly on the surface, they’re actually meant to get your juices flowing by forcing you out of your comfort zone and into new territory.
The basic premise is simple: write down all the things that come into your head when thinking about an idea or subject (ahem: “fantastic”). After each prompt, write whatever comes next. This can be as short or long as you want it to be; there’s no limit here other than what feels good for you! For example:
Fantastic -> Far-fetched -> Fictitious
A Good AI Prompt Will Let You Unlock Your Creativity
A good creative prompt can unlock your creativity, help you find your voice and purpose, tell stories that matter to you or make something meaningful for others. The prompt can be anything, as long as it’s not too narrow. For example:
- Write about the first time you fell in love.
- Write about what happens when you finally get that promotion.
We’ve covered a lot of ground in this post, from brainstorming prompts to generating random words and images. Hopefully, you now have some ideas for how to make your next prompt more interesting, whether you’re looking for inspiration or just trying out a new writing exercise.
The key takeaway is that you don’t have to stick with the same old prompts. There are many ways to make writing exercises more exciting, and hopefully, this post has given you some ideas for how to do so.
The next time you need to come up with a prompt, try one of these techniques. Not only will it help you find quality writing ideas, but it might even make your writing more fun!
Now go ahead and start generating prompts using a FREE AI content generator.